Dental Crowns in Prince George for Quality Restorations
Tooth decay and cracks can take a toll on your dental health. When your teeth develop cavities, you might experience pain and sensitivity. Sometimes, the damage can also affect the appearance of your smile. Fortunately, with advancements in dentistry, dental crowns are a reliable method for dental restoration. Crowns are caps that cover your damaged tooth to fix its function and appearance.
For dental crowns in Prince George, you can rely on our professional staff at Wilczek Dental Group. Whether your teeth are misshapen, discoloured or damaged, we can restore them with dental crowns. At our dental facility, you can get dental crowns that fit well and work just like your natural teeth. Reach out to us to know more about dental crowns in Prince George.
When Are Dental Crowns Necessary?
Dental crowns protect your natural teeth and prevent the need for extractions. You might require a dental crown in the following instances, if:
- You have a weak or cracked tooth that requires protection to prevent further damage.
- Your tooth had a cavity and now has large amount of fillings that need to be covered.
- You underwent root canal therapy and your tooth has to be covered.
- You want to improve the appearance or shape of your tooth.
For all the above cases, dental crowns are an ideal solution. The doctors at Wilczek Dental Group can advise on the best way to care for your crown so it complements the health and beauty of your smile.
The Procedure for Getting a Dental Crown
Getting a dental crown is simple. When you visit our dentists for dental crowns in Prince George, you can expect the following steps:
- The initial consultation will involve dental health assessments.
- If the crown is a suitable solution, the teeth adjacent to the tooth that is to be restored are filed down to make room for the crown.
- The impression of your damaged tooth is taken in order to create a custom crown that can fit your original tooth properly.
- Until your custom dental crown is ready, you will be provided with a temporary crown.
- Once the final crown is complete, you will visit the dentist again and get the custom-made crown cemented to your tooth.
Types of Dental Crowns
As preferred modes of tooth restoration, Wilczek Dental Group offers dental crowns in a variety of materials. Depending on your unique dental situation and budget, we will suggest the material best suited for you. Dental crowns are available in:
Metal crowns are durable and easily withstand the biting force. These crowns have a distinctive colour that makes them stand out. That’s why they are preferred for molars that are not visible.
Unlike metal crowns, porcelain crowns closely resemble your natural teeth. Nevertheless, porcelain crowns are not as strong as metal crown and hence, are not preferred for molars.
A combination of porcelain and metal, these crowns provide a natural look due to the porcelain covering and also have the strength of the metal underneath.
These crowns are cost-effective and temporary in nature. Mostly available as prefabricated crowns, stainless steel crowns are used while the custom crowns are prepared.
Crowns made from resins might be more prone to chipping and wear compared to other types of crowns. However, as an affordable alternative, resin crowns are often preferred.
Depending on the type of crown, our dentists in Prince George will offer you tips and tricks for maintenance. With regular care and cleaning, you can expect your dental restoration to last long and ensure optimum dental health for you.