The Importance of Proper Dental Hygiene
Regular dental examinations, and flossing and brushing, should be a part of a good dental routine. Routine examinations can benefit you in many ways, such as:
- Dental emergencies: In the case of a dental emergency, such as trauma to the mouth, a dental examination will help us assess the condition of your teeth and take the necessary actions. We can check your gums, teeth and jaw for damage and prevent long-lasting dental issues.
- Dental problems: When you're suffering from a dental problem such as pain in your teeth, a dental exam will help our dentists identify the source of the problem. We use cutting-edge equipment for our examinations, enabling us to make a precise diagnosis.
- Preventative dentistry: One of the most significant benefits of dental examinations is that they help us identify the early signs of dental diseases such as periodontitis. We can detect diseases at their initial stages and make an early intervention.
- Overall dental health: Many diseases first show up in your mouth, and their symptoms might be easy for you to miss. Our dentists have the training to identify the symptoms of these conditions so that you can take the necessary action.
We suggest making dental examinations a part of your regular dental hygiene. If you'd like to improve your overall dental hygiene, please contact our clinic in Prince George.
Our Other Dental Hygiene Services
Dr. R. Wilczek Inc. is your trusted dental clinic for reliable and affordable dental hygiene services in Prince George. Our dedicated team is a call away to help you with the following procedures:
We are committed to maintaining your healthy and beautiful smile. We offer consultations for treatment plans and payment options best suited to you to help you make smart investments in your dental health. If you have other questions or would like to learn more about our services, please talk to us.
Home Dental Hygiene Best Practices
Practising good dental hygiene is important for a healthy mouth, gums and teeth. It helps prevent potential oral diseases and complications. With proper daily oral care and routine checkups with your dentists, you can maintain optimum oral health. Brushing is recommended at least twice a day and is encouraged after each meal because bacteria can become more active soon after eating. Flossing is important to reach the areas where your toothbrush cannot. It can reduce plaque buildup between your teeth and reduce the risk of gum disease.
Brushing and flossing are important to keep your mouth healthy and dental hygiene at optimum levels, but these measures do not remove all stains or plaque from your teeth. We recommend coming in for a professional cleaning every six months to ensure your teeth and gums are at their best.
Dental Hygiene for Children
It is crucial to help your child establish healthy dental care habits. Regular exams can help detect any possible problems, review your child’s dental hygiene and provide instructions for optimal dental health.
The Risks of Poor Dental Hygiene
Neglecting oral health can lead to negative consequences such as:
- Irreversible dental diseases
- Bone loss
- Blood vessel inflammation
- Teeth loss
- Medical conditions such as diabetes
- And more
Signs You Need to Visit a Dentist
While regularly meeting your dentist is essential, several dental problems might necessitate an immediate visit. These dental problems might or might not be emergencies. If they are, urgency is all the more critical. Some signs that indicate that you should see us are:
- Tooth pain
- Bleeding gums
- Swollen gums
- Loose teeth
- Shifting teeth
- White spots on gums or teeth
- Mouth injuries
Why Choose Dr. R. Wilczek Inc. For Dental Hygiene Services in Prince George?
For all your dental health needs, the Dr. R. Wilczek Inc. team has the experience and compassion to help you smile your brightest smile! We have a full range of dental services to keep your mouth healthy and your teeth looking great. If you have other more serious issues with your oral health, talk to us about it. Even serious problems, like missing teeth or a misaligned bite, can be resolved with professional care. Talk to our dentists about the cosmetic, restorative, and specialized treatments we have available, including dental implants, orthodontics, dental crowns, and teeth whitening. In case you experience discomfort and pain in wisdom teeth, we offer reliable wisdom tooth removal in Prince George.