How Is Wisdom Tooth Removal Effective?
When you start experiencing pain due to the growth of a wisdom tooth, it is recommended to undergo a removal procedure. Even for people who do not experience a lot of pain, there are significant benefits of getting wisdom teeth removed. Let us have a look at some of these benefits:
- The problem of crowding is minimized when wisdom teeth are extracted. This improves overall oral health in the long term.
- Getting a wisdom tooth removed reduces the chances of food particles getting trapped between the improperly aligned teeth and other healthy teeth.
- The chances of periodontal diseases like gum infection become lower.
- It becomes easier to prevent cavities and decay of surrounding teeth or a partially erupted wisdom tooth.
- Orthodontic treatments become convenient.
- A cyst is a fluid-filled sac that affects adjacent teeth and jawbones. The formation of a cyst can be prevented by removing wisdom teeth.
What to Expect During Wisdom Teeth Removal
Dr. Richard Wilczek provides professional and pain-free wisdom teeth removal in Prince George. A well-trained team of dentists and medical staff carry out the extraction surgery under appropriate sedation. The surgery takes between 30 and 60 minutes and is performed with the latest technologies at the dental facility. Once the surgery is over, you may experience mild pain and swelling for around three days. However, it is also common for many patients to not feel any discomfort after the procedure is over. To ensure proper healing, our dentists often list down a set of do’s and dont’s that you should follow. See our tips on dental hygiene here.
If you are looking for dependable dentists who can perform wisdom teeth removal in Prince George or the nearby areas, consider Dr. Richard Wilczek.
Contact us to discuss your dental health issues.
Wisdom Tooth Removal | Aftercare
Wisdom tooth removal is a surgical procedure, and hence, post-operative care is very important from your side. Complications associated with wisdom teeth removal can be minimized if these instructions are followed carefully:
- Avoid touching the wound area following surgery
- Place ice packs on the side of your face where surgery was performed
- Take the prescribed pain medications as soon as you feel discomfort.
- Refrain from performing heavy-duty tasks, and resume normal activity only when you feel comfortable.
At what age do people usually get wisdom teeth?
Most people get them in their late teens or sometimes in their early twenties. However, it is possible to develop wisdom teeth as a pre-teen or an adult.
Why do I need to have them removed?
Besides the pain, wisdom teeth can cause damage to the surrounding teeth. In order to avoid this, it is recommended that they be removed.
What happens if my wisdom teeth are not removed?
Impacted wisdom teeth can cause dental problems such as cavities, inflammation, cyst growth, sinus issues, and more. Keep in mind that everyone needs to get their wisdom teeth removed, so it is important to consult with your dentist, who can recommend a suitable treatment plan for your situation.